I’m so happy that Dominic is old enough to enjoy the holiday crafts I’ve been wanting to try. Don’t get me wrong. Terrible twos are currently kicking my butt. But, his mind is constantly at work and he loves discovering new things. Vehicles and animals are two of his new obsessions. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I wanted to do something special for him. But, everything in the store looks so girly! Not surprisingly, I decided to create Dom a boy’s Valentine’s Day gift bag for kids that he’ll have fun with.
RELATED READING: Valentine’s Day Date Ideas For Parents
DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Bag For Kids Under $15
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Dollar Tree is slowly becoming my personal crafts store. It has been so relaxing creating crafts for the house and the holidays with my family. Most of my family thinks I’m nuts because of my new crafts hobby. Eh, I was always destined to be a cat lady haha so I’m not really surprised. Also, it saves me loads of money. Nobody got time to be spending a bunch of money every year on decor when I could just create unique crafts all on my own.
At the moment, I’m still a beginner but I’ve been doing a great job so far if I say so myself *pats self on the back* I created a Fall season wreath and Candy cane holiday wreath this past holiday season. Last week, I was inspired to create a Valentine’s Day centerpiece which is so perfect for a romantic dinner with your boo.
Anywhoo, look at me getting distracted again per usual. I’ve taken my DIY love to the classroom with this DIY Valentine’s Day gift bag for kids. If you’re child is not yet in school like my toddler, feel free to make it for them to open at home.
Here’s What You’ll Need
1 Gift bag
A Mini Balloon
1 Set of Gift Ribbon Streams
1 Toy Monkey
5 Pieces of Construction Paper
3 Candy Boxes
2 Packs of Decorative Shred
A Candy Heart
Set of Matching Cards
A Pair of Scissors
1 Glue Stick
A Valentine’s Day Card
RELATED READING: Easy Valentine’s Day DIY Centerpiece For Under $20
“Valentine’s Day Gift Bag For Kids” Directions
- Take 3 colored construction papers out the pack that you’ll want on the front of the bag. (Create a mini pile).
- Draw random sized hearts with a pencil on the front sheet of construction paper.
- Cut out each heart you drew still keeping all of your construction papers in a pile.
- Draw your child’s initial on a separate piece of paper.
- Cut out the letter you just drew.
- Glue the hearts and your child’s initial on the front of the gift bag.
- Rub glue on the top facing hearts of your gift bag.
- Place decorative shred on each heart as pictured on my gift bag.
RELATED READING: How To Create A Holiday Basket For Toddler Boys
- Take two different colored sheets of construction paper and fold it numerous times as you would a paper airplane or a paper fan.
- Cut the bottom of the folded paper to make sure it’s an even line across.
- Staple the folded paper into the side of the bag.
- Take one set of gift ribbon streamers and staple it on the front of the bag ( on the same side of your stapled folded paper).
- Curl two separate strings of coiled gift streamers around each handle of the bag — think a vine.
- Tie a knot at the both ends of the handle to ensure it stays in place.
- Fill the gift bag halfway with decorative shred.
- Add the candy boxes, decks of cards, and toys inside the gift bag.
- Sit the monkey in the gift bag and staple its arm to the side of the bag to make sure it stays up.
- Cut the balloon’s stem halfway then add it to the gift bag.
- Place your Valentine’s Day card in between the money and the balloon.
RELATED READING: What You Need To Start Potty Training Boys
“Valentine’s Day Gift Bag For Kids” Comment & Exchange
You’re all done! After taking a while to realize where I wanted to go with this Valentine’s Day gift bag for kids, it only took me less than 20 minutes to complete. Your child and their classmates will definitely look forward to opening this adorable Valentine’s Day gift bag with friends.
Until next time…..