There are certain downfalls to both of us living so far away from our families. Talk about limited options for a babysitter. I’m not comfortable with leaving Dominic with strangers as of yet. We are pretty much home bound for any date nights. This has driven me to try to different recipes. No one want’s to eat the same food everyday, you know? This week’s new recipe was Buffalo wings.
Babe & I are total wing addicts. I usually bake wings but never actually tried any recipes. This one is pretty simple and utterly tasty. Google gave me a bit of a foundation and inspiration for this recipe. I ended up combining bits and pieces for more than one. If you’re craving Buffalo wings but don’t have “dining out” funds, this recipe is for you. Keep reading to get your fill of Buffalo wings.
- 1/2 cup of Frank’s hot sauce
- 4-6 tsp of butter ( depending on your taste preferences)
- 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- A few dashes of black pepper
- 12 wings
- Begin to put the ingredients to your Buffalo wing sauce in a bowl.
- You can mix it together with a utensil of your choice.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- You can add a base seasoning to your chicken before adding your sauce. I personally added a bit of Adobo seasoning and parsley flakes.
- Coat the bottom of your pan. I use PAM spray oil. You can use PAM, oil, or butter.
- Place your wings in the pan.
- Slowly place the Buffalo sauce on top of each wing. Make sure to use all of the sauce.
Now, there is no science to the way I bake my chicken. I’m a very forgetful cook. I always end up walking away to talk to hubby and play with Dominic. As I like my wings very crispy, this is never an issue for me. Be sure you are attending to your wings and cooking them to your desired preferences. If you like crispy wings, keep reading.
- Place the wings in the oven uncovered.
- After about 30 minutes, flip the wings over.
- Leave the wings flipped over for about 15 minutes. You can turn it back over within five minutes.
- By now, your wings should be turning brown on both sides. Let your wings cook about 5 more minutes if you want it crisper. I usually let it cook for a few minutes then turn the oven off. This way the wings can still cook a bit until we start to make our plates.
I hope this recipe helps you! Flavor wise, these wings turned out BOMB.com for us. I feel cheated now that I’ve made these Buffalo wings at home. All the money we spent ordering wings in. All that money that could have been saved. HAHA! I hope you enjoy your wings as much as our family did.